1. First of all, do we really need to escalate into romance? All this does is create unrealistic expectations of the other person, in an artificial environment that "allows" actions that would otherwise be inexcusable. Intimacy is not about how close you can get to the other person's face, it's about trust. Not understanding this only leads to someone getting hurt. Can you really make the commitment to be with this person for the rest of your life? Then don't make them believe you can! If you're watching this video, then you obviously don't know the person well enough to begin with.
2. You have to like what she likes? HELL NO. If you happen to like the same things then great, but you shouldn't go out of your way to impress her like that. A girl should appreciate you for who you are, not because you're a carbon copy of her. Women are not things to be played with, we have feelings, we are human beings. Also, this guy makes the assumption that all girls are Twilight Fans, sure I'm a Twilight fan! Twilight Sparkle that is.
3. Someone who listens to only flattery is an airhead. A true artist welcomes and encourages critique, so instead of making up things to make yourself look like a nice guy, give her some well thought-out advice. She'll appreciate it a whole lot more.
4. Yes, he goes on to say that beauty is more than skin deep, but really? He doesn't mean it, he's only saying that to get bonus points. Again with the flattery, if you want to tell her she is pretty then mean it! Don't just bandy about pick up lines about her eyes and makeup.A heartfelt compliment can mean the world to a girl. If you're genuinely interested in the point that she made then ask her about it, don't just do so to get on her good side.
5. Once again, getting to know her family is a good idea once you know her well enough, it shouldn't be something to win you bonus points.
6. You know the saying "Chivalry is dead?" well it's true. And it's because of people like this guy. You don't really have a servant's heart if you're doing it for your own benefit. I don't want you carrying my books if you're only doing it to hit on me. Chivalry is pure and honest. "Love thy neighbour as thyself."
7. Myspace pics? Really? *facepalm* Nobody likes those. Period.8. If you have to worry about looking obsessive, maybe you should consider the fact that you are.
1. "Keep your hands to yourself." FINALLY A SINGLE KERNEL OF WISDOM! Even though he explains it in a pretty dorky way, he's got this part right.
2. "Make her feel safe." BIG ONE. A girl shouldn't have to worry about being alone in a room with you, or fret that you'll turn around and blab about her to your friends.
3. "Be her best friend." SPOT. ON. If only everyone could figure that out, I think there would be a lot less heartbreak in the world. Only thing, you shouldn't try to be her best friend only so that you can start dating. If that's your intention, you should step back and take a breather, reevaluate why you want to get to know her. Then you can start again when your intentions are pure.